What should I do before my appointment?
- Please be advised that as of September 30th, 2021, we will require proof of double vaccination or a very recent negative COVID rapid test before allowing you into our office. An immunization record can be printed off from Alberta's MyHealth app or website. Please get vaccinated.
- Allow the hair in your target area to grow to at least 2 mm and preferably less than 1 cm.
- Shower and brush your teeth before your appointment, and wear as little makeup and scented product as possible.
- If you're feeling ill, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule.
- Arrive as close to your scheduled time as possible.
- Follow all COVID precautions, as listed below.
What are your business hours?
Appointments are available every day, including weekends and stat holidays, from 10AM to 8PM. Note that if your appointment is after 6PM during the week or anytime during the weekend, please contact us when you arrive so she can meet you at the building entrance as the Centre is locked down after hours.
Where are you located?
Zaetl Electrolysis is located in #308 - 2204 2nd Street SW in the Mission neighbourhood of Calgary. We're in the Henry Huang Building of the Holy Cross Centre, the northwest wing. Please use the south entrance, next to Carbon Based Tattoos. There will be a number of Purolator, DHL, and FedEx signs.
Is your office a safe space?
Absolutely! As members of the LGBTQ+ community, we are dedicated to ensuring all clients are comfortable and able to be themselves in our office. Zaetl Electrolysis is also a member of Skipping Stone's Trans Affirming Network.
Do you only work with LGBTQ+ folks?
Nope! We work with anyone who has hair they want to get rid of.
How do you pronounce Runhildr, anyway?
Who made the art on the walls in your office? Is it for sale?
Runhildr's partner Shailynn (Zaetl Arts) does all the art, and it is indeed for sale! If there's a particular piece you're interested in, let us know.
What payment methods do you accept?
We are currently only taking payment by e-transfer to email@example.com. We may offer other no-contact or low-contact options in the future. A receipt will be emailed to you.
Do you accept tips?
While tips are always appreciated, they are absolutely not necessary. If you do leave a tip, however, please let us know so we can record it in our books appropriately.
How else can I support the business?
Word of mouth makes all the difference for a small business like us! Recommending us to others, posting a Google review, or mentioning us on social media are all great ways to help us out.
What precautions are you taking due to COVID?
- As of September 30th, 2021, we are now requiring proof of double vaccination or a very recent negative COVID rapid test before allowing clients into our office.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless work is being done on your face.
- Sanitize your hands after you've removed your shoes and jacket.
- If you're feeling ill, your appointment will be rescheduled for a date in two weeks.
- Please come to your appointment as close to your appointment time as possible.
- Only you and Runhildr will be allowed inside the office during your appointment. In the future, repeat clients may be allowed to bring a single guest along.
- More time will be scheduled between each client to allow for additional cleaning and prep time.
- Runhildr has received both doses of the COVID vaccine. Please get vaccinated!
What is electrolysis?
Electrolysis is safe, permanent hair removal that uses an electric current to destroy hair.
Is electrolysis permanent?
Done properly, and regularly enough to catch hair in the right growth phase, electrolysis is permanent.
Can all hairs be treated?
Electrolysis can be done on almost all hair, except hair inside the nose, in the ears, and in moles.
I've noticed some regrowth, what's up with that?
- A hair will need to be treated multiple times to be completely destroyed. How quickly this happens depends on many factors, including the hair's current growth phase, its location, how deep it is, and the genetics of the client.
- What appears to be regrowth may also be an entirely different hair growing very close to the one that was treated. We have thousands upon thousands of hair follicles on almost every part of the body, many of which are dormant at any given time.
Does electrolysis hurt?
The sensation will vary depending on a number of things, such as area being treated, the client's tolerance for pain, and what method of electrolysis is being used, but modern equipment operates at very high speeds and it typically feels like a quick pinch. There are topical numbing creams available that can reduce the intensity, look for over-the-counter 5% Lidocaine lotions.